But what about people? We don’t fly. And we don’t “gotta” swim either (although it can be a fun way to cool off on a hot July day).
Us? “People gotta desire.”
We gotta want things. Yep, we were born to desire.
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with desiring more for yourself. In fact, desiring more is so natural for us, trying to sublimate, or deny, our desires is one of the most painful things we can do.
This Is a Test, This Is Only a Test…A Litmus Test, That Is
I recommend fully embracing your desires. They are God-given. Let “People gotta desire” become one of your new stories when you catch yourself chastising yourself for having them. The act of beating yourself up (calling yourself “greedy” for desiring more money, for example) is just a way you’ve learned to avoid the pain of not achieving those desires, after all. (Click that link to Tweet it)
And here’s a good litmus test for deciding whether your desire is something you should put your energy toward achieving:
- Sometimes we desire something so we can be happy; we desire it so we can become happy. This is such an easy trap to fall into. If we’re not currently happy, it’s quite natural to imagine that attaining something we desire will make us happy.
- The alternative is to already be happy and still desire. Wanting what you have (finding ways to truly be appreciative and grateful) while, at the same time, embracing your desires for more. Not because fulfilling those desires will make you happy – you already are! But because fulfilling those desires is fun and exciting.
Guess which one of those perspectives will bear the most fruit? And which one will produce the results you want?
Now Here’s the Formula – Follow It and Reap the Rewards
I’ve put effort into attaining my desires from both perspectives. I can assure you that perspective number one, wanting to fulfill a desire to make you happy, will not only not succeed in the long run, but it can also actually bring a lot of pain into your life.
But perhaps you’ve already learned that for yourself.
If you have never tried perspective number two, I can’t recommend it highly enough.
- Find things about your current circumstances for which you can truly feel grateful
- Tell yourself new, better-feeling, believable stories about those things each day
- Embrace your desires as exciting sirens which call you to become a greater version of yourself (Click that link to Tweet it)
- Follow the formula you’ve learned from me to raise your beliefs to match those desires
The results you’ll find will be astounding, with a little patience and persistence on your part. That’s because the quantum field will respond to your efforts exactly as it always does. It will create a material reality for you which reflects your growing beliefs.
And you won’t be placing unrealistic, and often unattainable, expectations upon it in the process.
And stay tuned to this blog for more tips and techniques to use new paradigms from quantum physics to align your life with your dreams…