If you’ve identified yourself as someone who will benefit from a paradigm change (see my last blog entry), let’s take a moment to examine your current paradigms which are causing you to not attain nor achieve your goal(s) – such as, but not limited to weight loss.
I Thought I Was Done With All This Stuff When I Graduated from High School!
If you remember, the science of the first scientific revolution determined the following about our universe:
- Each “thing” (including the universe itself) is made of smaller parts with predictable functions.
- For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
- The observer and the observed are two separate things.
- Things occur in a logical, linear fashion.
From these “facts” (hint, hint…you’ll soon learn how quantum physics has re-written these rules), paradigms were created that, unless you choose to objectively examine/change them, form your complete world view. These paradigms form the fishbowl in which you swim, so to speak.
Here’s the Reason I Risked Putting You To Sleep Just Now
The predominant paradigms which are the most common culprits for keeping you from achieving your goal(s) are:
- The machine paradigm – This paradigm can also be called “deconstructive” because it forces us to view ourselves and everything in our world as machines with smaller parts. In this paradigm, we see the ourselves, and everything else, as comprised of smaller “parts” whose sole function is to make the larger “machine” function. Within this paradigm, if we want the larger “machine” to function better all we need to do is “fix” it’s parts.
- The action paradigm – This paradigm states that action is the single most important component in changing, or having an effect, on anything. If we want something to be different, this paradigm tells us that we must focus on actions to alter it. Without action there is no effect upon the world (or ourselves).
- The detached observer paradigm – This paradigm tells us that we are non-involved observers of all we see unfolding in front of us. Think of the stereotypical scientist observing an experiment and taking notes and you’ve got a good idea of what this paradigm teaches us. You are a passive “viewer” and everything which occurs around you is a “movie” that you have no part in making (unless you get directly involved by taking action).
- The logic paradigm – This paradigm teaches us to expect a logical order of events to occur when we take specific action(s). Think of a line of dominos, placed on end; when the first domino is pushed a chain reaction is triggered which topples each one in order. When you take an action you can expect a logical result to follow and, similarly, you can trace actions backwards to discover the root cause of anything.
These ideas sound very familiar to you, do they not?
These Are All the Ideas Our Lives Have Been Based On; They’re Why We Do What We Do
You undoubtedly believe these things and you should (until you learn differently) because these have been the paradigms of the Western, industrialized world. You were taught these paradigms, sometimes explicitly and someones subliminally, by well-intentioned people who also believed them and based their lives upon them. And you adopted them because that’s what everyone else does!
But what if I told that the science those paradigms were built from is not an accurate explanation of how our universe works?
And, if that last statement is true (and it is), is it not easy to see that the paradigms built from that science would not be accurate either? And, since they are not accurate, isn’t is easy to see why those paradigms are not the most effective “fishbowls” in which to live? Isn’t easy to envision that if the rules of those paradigms are not accurate, they might have been failing you?
It’s Time to Put Down Your Bat and Grab a Basketball!
Almost like you’ve been trying to play a game of basketball – using the rules, equipment, and playing field of baseball?
If you have experienced frustration and even feelings of failure because you’ve been unable to realize your goal(s), despite your best intentions and hard work, you have great news coming. You no longer have to ineffectively spin your wheels within your old “fishbowls” because the science of the second scientific revolution, quantum physics provides us with new paradigms that are infinitely more accurate and aligned with how the universe really works!
In my next blog post, we’ll start to look at the science of the second scientific revolution and begin examining how you can use it (and the new paradigms to which it gives birth) to finally start achieving your elusive goal(s)…