Have you ever stopped to think, though, that this is how we all try to manifest our desires, prior to learning to play “Grow a Greater You”?
All You Can Base Your Understanding On is What You See (Until You Learn More)
Before someone understands that the material world she experiences in her unique individual universe is a reflection of her beliefs, she can only base her understanding on what she can see. And what can she see?
- That life is happening “to” her.
- That changing the material world to be more pleasing is almost entirely about tinkering with the physical “things.”
- That there is some force outside herself who acts as a gatekeeper, arbitrarily allowing or denying her desires.
So, responding logically like anyone would do, she begins taking action to achieve the fulfillment of her desires.
- If she wants an ideal body she goes on a diet, but without changing her beliefs about her body.
- If she wants more money she gets a new job, but without changing her beliefs about money.
- If she wants a soul mate she joins an online dating community, but without changing her beliefs about relationships.
- If she wants to feel good about herself she starts giving herself positive affirmations, but without changing her beliefs about her self-worth.
You Know What Comes of Those Efforts (That’s Why You and I Are Here)
And, in this pattern, what happens? You already know. You’ve lived this pattern, as have I. It’s the pattern 99.9% of all humans act out until enlightenment begins.
What happens is: the action-based pattern described above produces results. It produces an immediate, pleasing result – most, or some, of the time. But because the pleasing result is born of action, it is not lasting or “real.” The action-based pleasing result is not a manifestation, or reflection of, improved beliefs.
Thus it will only be experienced in that moment.
Want to Have a Beard? Better Buy a Funhouse Mirror (Unless You’re Willing to Become a Beard)
Manifesting our desires using the action-based pattern is like drawing on our reflection in the mirror. It’s like me saying “I want a beard,” so I get out a thick black Sharpie, go to my bathroom mirror, and draw a beard on my reflection. “Awesome!” I say. “I have a beard!”
And as long as I keep my head in the exact right spot in front of the mirror, I have a beard. But the minute I move my head, which I will do all the time (of course), it’s gone. “Where did my beard go?” I wonder.
And then I get angry. And sad. And afraid. And I wonder what I did wrong. And why I’m not worthy of a beard. And I blame myself. And God. I wanted that beard so badly; why can’t I have it?
Now that we’re enlightened, we know why. We’re not victims. There is no force outside ourselves acting as a gatekeeper. And we certainly don’t need to blame ourselves.
Be What You Want to Have (and You Have It Effortlessly)
Our reflection always shows us our current beliefs. And if we want to “grow a beard” we now know the truth: we need to raise our beliefs to be aligned with “having a beard.” And in doing so we grow into our desire; we become a beard.
When we are a beard, that’s when we see and experience a beard.
Put the sharpie down today. Welcome home.
And stay tuned to this website to learn tips and techniques for using new paradigms from quantum physics to align your life with your dreams…